- If Greg says that everyone is going to roll with everyone for seven minutes each, the only acceptable response is “Thank you, Sir! May I have another?”.
- If I don’t start figuring out how to protect my arms, Mike is going to armbar me every ninety seconds, because I deserve it.
- If I play dirty and attempt to armbar Ray while he is distracted talking to Greg, he will stop being nice and submit me with a very painful bow and arrow choke.
- If I’m going to try to submit Adam, perhaps a kimura from guard is not the best choice, since he is capable of picking me up with one arm and tossing me across the room, if he wanted to.
- If Jerad has unbreakable collar grips on me, and it seems like I’m going to be able to pass his guard, for the love of BJJ, don’t do it. It’s a trap!
Seriously, the dudes who I rolled with yesterday are some of my bros who I train with most often, they are present at virtually every advanced class I attend (and even many of the beginner classes, but not the kids’ classes ;). We work hard, but we also have a lot of fun, and I feel lucky that I get to train with them, and everyone else at Lincoln Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Center.